It is time to move on! Every generation is changing with the technology, and yes the locksmith trade is changing too.
Best security lock for wooden front door?
If you are the owner of a house or a condo or if you are living in an apartment, using a key to lock and unlock your door may not be your best option. Of course the opinion on this will change depending on who you ask.
There are two leading manufacture lock companies in the United States. These companies are Schlage and Kwikset. It is safe to say that you can find Schlage locks or Kwikset locks, or even locks with a different brand name but still owned by one of those two companies, on about 70% of homes in the country.
The difference between Schlage locks and Kwikset locks is the quality of the locks, (how many years the lock will work on your door), as well as the design of the lock. There is a very small difference in the level of security, but as far as security goes most Schlage locks or Kwikset locks really share the same type of security level.
If you are wanting to install new Schlage or Kwikset locks, then we as a locksmith company recommend you look into keyless locks and this is why:
- You can change the access code on the lock yourself without spending locksmith fees.
- If you are out of town and someone needs to access your home you can provide them with a temporary code that you can erase at a later time.
- No more losing the key and paying for expensive emergency locksmith fees in a case where you get locked out.
- You can open the door with your smartphone without using the keypad from anywhere in the world.
Why to buy a lock with a high security key when you can buy a lock with no key at all?
Schlage connect lock, Control access with your smartphone
- Fingerprint resistant – works in the rain and with gloves
- Sleek profile without sacrificing strength
- Choose up to 30 different codes
- Lock or unlock from anywhere
- Receive alerts when specific codes are entered
- Connect with z-wave
- Alerts: receive alerts when lock tampering or forced entry.
For more information on installing new locks on your door please give us a call or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have more questions you can post a comment at the bottom of this page and we will try to respond to you as soon as possible.