Where and how can you get a new key fob made for your Dodge Nitro? Where can you get a new key if you lost the key, or just need a key copy? Why doesn’t my ignition switch turn and how do I repair it? Mile High Locksmith ™ is an expert automotive locksmith company and we would like to share some of the commonly asked questions and answers about Dodge Nitro keys and locks.
Information: If you lost the key fob to your Dodge Nitro and you pressed the lock button on the key head before you lost the key, this means you will need to get the same key in order to unlock the security system in your SUV.
If your Dodge Nitro was made in the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, or 2014, then you can have one of two different types of keys. You can have just a regular transponder chip key. This key part number is 692352. This key looks like just a regular key with a grey color plastic head and inside the key head there is an invisible electronic chip that has a wireless connection to your SUV. This key can replace the common key fob.
The second key you may have, and the most common key for this vehicle, is a key fob remote. The key fob remote will have push buttons to lock and unlock the SUV, a red panic button, etc.
Dodge Nitro key fob programming
Basically, you have no way to program a key to a Dodge Nitro yourself. You will have to use a professional such as an automotive locksmith company or a Dodge dealership. The difference between the two will be the cost and the type of service. The locksmith will be able to come to your SUV’s location and cut and program the new key for you right on spot by using your Dodge Nitro’s VIN number. The dealership will ask you to bring your SUV in. What we recommend you to do is to shop around for prices between locksmith companies and the dealership.
Dodge Nitro ignition problems
The Dodge Nitro has a common problem along with other cars and SUV’s where the key doesn’t turn the ignition. Most of the time, the problem happens because of the key itself. A second reason this may happen is because one of the parts in the ignition lock has gotten stuck and is preventing the cylinder from turning.
How to fix ignition problems:
- The first way we recommend you to try to fix the problem is by asking a locksmith company or Dodge dealership to cut you a new key using your SUV’s VIN number. Do not try to just copy the existing key.
- The second way we recommend you try to fix the problem is by asking a locksmith to rekey your ignition switch.
NEED A LOCKSMITH IN COLORADO?
Call Mile High Locksmith for 24/7 mobile service.
- Our dispatch center is located in downtown Denver.
- We have locksmiths across CO – Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Boulder & surrounding cities.
- Lockouts, new locks, key replacement, ignition repair, and more!
- Upfront pricing. No hidden fees.
- Rated 5 stars by over thousands of real customers.