What can you do if you lost the key for your Geo Prizm? Where can you get a new key made and how can you save some money by doing some of the work yourself? Mile High Locksmith ™ is an expert automotive locksmith company, and we would like to share some of the more commonly asked questions we receive about Geo Prizm keys and locks.
Did you know that you can find the key code for your Geo Prizm on the passenger door locks?
Geo Prizm key blank number
Geo has changed the key blank number for the Geo Prizm two times. Below we will share with you a list of what the key blank number is for your Geo Prizm by the year:
- If your Geo Prizm was made in the years 1989, 1990, 1991, or 1992, than your key blank number is X192.
- If your Geo Prizm was made in the years 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, or 2002, then your key blank number is X225.
Geo Prizm key code
When you’ve lost the key to your Geo Prizm and need a new key replacement, you can save some money by doing some of the work yourself. From 1989 until 2002 Geo stamped the key code for the Geo Prizm on the passenger door lock. By disassembling the lock you can find the key code and provide it to a locksmith for a new one. Some people find this very useful when they don’t have any locksmith or dealership nearby.
Tip: If for some reason you don’t find the key code on the lock, you can just take the lock itself to a locksmith shop and have them make you a new key from the lock. Actually, you can disassemble any of the locks such as your ignition lock, door locks and even the trunk lock to find the key code. Most locksmiths will be able to make you a working key to your Geo Prizm from these locks.
Geo Prizm key won’t turn
Over the years we have received calls from customers that find problems with turning their key. The most common reason we find that causes this problem is that the key worn out. The best fix for a worn out key is to make a new key by the key code and not a key copy. If that doesn’t work, the second option to fix the problem will be to ask a locksmith to rekey the lock.
NEED A LOCKSMITH IN COLORADO?
Call Mile High Locksmith for 24/7 mobile service.
- Our dispatch center is located in downtown Denver.
- We have locksmiths across CO – Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Boulder & surrounding cities.
- Lockouts, new locks, key replacement, ignition repair, and more!
- Upfront pricing. No hidden fees.
- Rated 5 stars by over thousands of real customers.