If you have lost your Chevy Silverado key or just need a spare key made, Mile High Lock and Key can help. We can send you a service van with all the keys and key programming machines to provide you with a full mobile locksmith service at your location.
Programming Chevy Silverado keys
What years of keys will need to be programed?
- If your Chevy Silverado is in the years 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006, then your key is just a regular key without any features and will not need to be programed to your truck.
- If your Chevy Silverado is in the years 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 or 2013, than your truck has what is called an anti security system installed and will require a transponder key to be programed to your truck’s immobilizer.
- If you have the two working keys that can start the engine, then you can program a duplicate key yourself.
How to program a Chevy Silverado key yourself
- You must have two programmed Keys.
- Insert the first working key into the ignition switch.
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position. The engine needs to stay off.
- When the theft light goes out, remove the key. Insert the second working key and turn the ignition switch ON.
- When the theft light goes out, remove the key.
- Insert the new duplicate key and turn the ignition switch ON.
- When the theft light goes out, the key has been programmed.
(If you do not have two programed keys, than you will not be able to program a duplicate key yourself and will need to use a locksmith company or Chevy dealership to program the new key to your truck)
Programming a Chevy Silverado remote
It is a very simple process to program a new remote for your Chevy Silverado and should not take more than a few minutes to do. If you lost your remote and want a new one made, you can easily program this remote yourself. You can buy these remotes online and they will come with instructions on how to program it yourself.
Lost Chevy Silverado key
If you lost your Chevy Silverado key and do not have a spare one, Mile High Lock and Key LLC can help. Our service van is set up with all the key programming and key cutting machines to make you a working key at your truck’s location. When you call us, whether it is an emergency situation or not, we will be able to send you one of our technicians within 30 minutes after your call. It will not cost you an arm and a leg and to get the full price, give us a call or send us an e-mail. at: email@example.com, Mile High Lock and Key LLC provides mobile truck key services in Denver, CO and the surrounding cities.