Does my Hyundai Accent key have a chip inside of it? Where can I get a new key replacement when I lost my key? Where can I get a key copy made? Why doesn’t my ignition switch turn and how can I fix it? Mile High Locksmith ™ is an expert automotive locksmith company. We have been repairing locks and making keys for the Hyundai Accent for many years and would like to share with you some of the common questions and answers about the Hyundai Accent’s locks and keys.
Did you know that from 1995 to 2014 your Hyundai Accent has just a regular key? It is not a high security key, and has no features inside of it such as an electronic chip.
Hyundai Accent key replacement
We would like to share with you some information about your Hyundai Accent key. Where can you get a key replacement in case you lost it?
If you lost the key to your car and have no spare, there are two places we recommend you try to get a new key made. The first place will be a Hyundai dealership and the second place will be an automotive locksmith company. The difference between the two will be the prices and the type of services. The dealership will ask you to come in with your drivers license and proof of ownership for your car such as the car title or registration. The locksmith will be able to save you some time by coming to your vehicle location and cutting you a new key on spot.
What we recommend you to do is to shop around for prices and availability between the two.
Sometimes people find it useful to buy the key online when there is no dealership nearby and the locksmith doesn’t have the keys in stock. You can find many stores online. Below, we will share with you the key blank number or part number by the year that you will need to order the key for your Hyundai Accent:
- If your Hyundai Accent was made in the years 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999 , then your key blank number is X235.
- If your Hyundai Accent was made in the years 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, or 2005, then your key blank number is X236.
- If your Hyundai Accent was made in the years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, or 2011, then your key blank number is HY16-P.
Hyundai Accent spare key
If you just need to duplicate your car key, there are many places you can try such as a Hyundai dealership, a locksmith shop, many hardware stores and even WalMart. One of the hardware stores we recommend you try is Ace Hardware.
Hyundai Accent key wont turn
If your key stops turning your ignition switch, there are two common reasons why this may happen. The first reason is that your key is worn out and even just a small modification will be just enough to make the key stop turning the lock. The second reason can be that one of the parts inside your ignition lock that is known as a wafer, has gotten stuck.
How to fix the problem:
- The first way we recommend you try to fix the problem is by asking a locksmith or Hyundai dealership to make you a new key by your vehicle’s VIN number. Do not try to just make a copy of your key.
- The second way we recommend you try to fix the problem, is by asking a locksmith to rekey your ignition lock.