If you are trying to get your house keys copied, you can probably have them copied at any hardware store close to you such as Home Depot, Lowes or Ace. You can even copy some keys at Wal mart. The difference between these stores to a locksmith store, is that locksmiths can do a more accurate job coping keys for you.
What does rekey lock mean?
Mean cancelling the old key and making a new key operate the lock without changing the lock itself.
Don't Get Ripped Off:
As a locksmith company that has been around for many years, we would like to give you a tip about shopping around for locksmith service. As much as we don’t like to be negative, we have witnessed a switch and bait scam that has been around for many years in the locksmith trade. The locksmith will quote you one price over the phone, hiding the real and much higher price until they have finished the job. You will end up with a much larger bill than expected. Locksmith Prices on the MSNBC news: Video
- Residential Emergency Door Unlocking – $65
- Commercial door unlocking – On site estimate
- Unlock your car door – $65
- Transponder high security (chip) key $175 – $225
- Lock repair
- New locks - $10-$40
- Service call – $55
- Lock Re-Key – $19
- Most cars, key made under the year 1997 – $95 – $115
- Most cars, key made from 1998 and up – $175
- Key programming
- Re-key car door lock or trunk lock – $60
- Ignition switch repair or replacement