Ford Fusion key cutting
Ford Fusion keys always need to be programed to your car. If you have lost the key or just need a key copy, or are having a problem using the key in your car, there are a few places you can make a new key, repair or program it. Mile High Lock and Key, LLC is an expert automotive locksmith company. Please read below the information we have shared about Ford Fusion keys and locks.
How to program Ford Fusion key?
Ford Fusion replacement key
- If your Ford Fusion was made in the years 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, or 2013, then your key has a chip hidden inside and this chip needs to be programed to your car’s immobilizer. In simple words, your Ford Fusion has a security theft system installed in your car. This means that besides your key manually turning your lock, it also has a wireless connection to your car’s computer.
- Ford Fusion keys between the years 2006 and 2012 can have just a regular transponder chip key or a key fob remote. The difference between the two is that the transponder chip key has nothing else but the hidden chip inside and the key fob remote has the push button to lock and unlock the doors and trunk. The prices are also different.
- Ford Fusion keys from the year 2013 and up, will use an OEM Flip Key. A locksmith or a Ford dealership will be able to cut and program these keys for you.
Where can I get Ford Fusion keys?
- If you lost the key to your Ford Fusion, you can have a new key made at a Ford dealership or through an automotive locksmith company. The difference between the two will be the type of service and prices. A locksmith will be able to come to your Ford Fusion’s location and cut and program a new key right on spot. A Ford dealership will ask you to tow your car in.
- If you have some time and would like to save some money, you can order these keys online. Then you can bring them to a locksmith shop and have them cut and program the key for you. Some of the websites we recommend to buy the keys from are Amazon.com, Ebay.com and Ikeyless.com.
Ford Fusion key stuck in my ignition
Ford Fusion ignition problems have been a common problem for awhile. At some point the ignition cylinder has failed. What happens, in simple words, is that one of the parts inside the ignition lock becomes stuck which prevents the ignition from turning half way, or just stops turning at all.
- The easiest fix for this problem is to disassemble the ignition cylinder and rekey it by simply changing the wafers. A locksmith will be able to provide this service for you.
Ford Fusion key wont start my car
If your key is turning the ignition switch and cranking the engine, but the engine won’t start, this can be caused by a few reasons. Three common reason for this:
- Check your battery level. Maybe your battery is low or has died.
- It can also be that the chip inside you transponder key has failed. A locksmith will have the machines to check this for you.
- The third most common reason why your Ford Fusion key won’t start the car is because your immobilizer has failed. A locksmith will have the right equipment to check this for you as well.